Wednesday, August 20, 2014

WHY THE GRASS IS GREENER....


Now I know it’s been quite a while since I last blogged, well a month to be precise. But all in all it feels good to be back. During this period of much needed silence I was undergoing some pretty dramatic changes (and I seriously mean dramatic), but through it all I’ve learnt and that’s the most important thing.
Life is not smooth (I’ll tell u for free I learnt that the hard way). There will be ups and downs. Especially when you’re a routine person like me, life gets more and more interesting. I love how God plays with my predictability by shaking things up (and best believe it when He shakes things, it’s a marsh up of a tornado and earthquake). Regardless I’ve learnt to be eternally grateful for the roughing ups that happen in my life.
Now that we’ve established a little drama is good for the soul, where does the problem lie? The problem comes about when we go against the current. No change is easy, especially if it comes unexpected. And just like our body immune system, when something foreign enters us we usually try to resist. As much as this works great for the outer man, I’m afraid it doesn’t fare well with our inner man. Change is meant to result in progress, either way whether you resist it or not, change MUST happen. The best thing we can do for ourselves is give in, give in to its strong and gushing waves and when the tide dies down and the waters are calm you just might find yourself at the shores of greatness.
I’m all about taking chances, the worst thing that can happen is probably not as bad as if you didn’t try it out and hey the saying “the grass is greener on the other side” didn’t event itself, there has to be some truth in it. And maybe just maybe the grass is greener on the other side of change. Don’t fight just give in to it.
See you on the other side ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment