Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A moment of silence



There are these moments in life, moments of silence. And no I’m not talking about the kind for paying respect to the dead, I’m talking about the kind where heaven is still. The kind where everything around is loud and clear except for heaven. While the earth is busy bustling around noisily, in your soul there’s stillness, and not that cool waters stillness, there stillness where you can’t hear anything.
You wait and wait and wait some more for a sound or even the faintest of a whisper. And yet still there’s silence. Some of us may take it that God has shut down on us and that He’s somehow rejecting to hear us or refusing to hid our pleas. We get discouraged and depressed, we reach an all-time low, we find ourselves yearning for someone to notice us, we cry for attention.
But while we are busy noticing heavens silence and deafening the world with our desperate cry for attention we fail to use our other senses. while we are busy screaming how God is silent we fail to see how He’s busy at work around us, we fail to smell the sweet aromatic incense of our prayers, we fail to taste how sweet the Lord is, we fail to touch His unending grace and mercy and we fail to walk in His peace.
Personally I’ve had God go quiet on me one too many times but I don’t linger on in those moments of loneliness, I live for the days when I feel Him in a passing breeze, see Him in the beauty of a rose, hear Him in the laughter of children, feel Him in my mother’s loving embrace and walk in His divine favor. I don’t dwell on which sense of my body do I not see evidence of God’s existence but I choose to concentrate on the ones His presence is over powering.
Dear friends look for God and not just in familiar territory; look for where He is speaking which is pretty much in everything and everywhere. Launch out into the deep…..

No comments:

Post a Comment